Sunday, March 28, 2010

Figs, figs, figs aplenty

This was the text message on my phone. Before I knew it, I got 10 kg (22lbs) of figs in my kitchen. Luckily, I was well prepared and had enough jam jars on hand.



I made 26 jars (300ml each), enough to last the year for myself, for birthday and christmas presents! By the fourth and fifth batch, I have perfected the recipe and had jam that set well.
The first 2 batches was more syrupy in consistency but still good. They will probably get used first.

I also found this recipe and decided to give it a go. It turned out well. I still have some figs left and will be making this again for lunch tomorrow. The pastry was a breeze with the food processor. I rolled it out on some freezer paper and it was easy to handle.

There is also this other recipe that I will try later on. I have made a version of it with cranberry jam/hazelnut and it was delicious.

2 comments:

neki desu said...

what a great recipe for figs!!thank you for the link to that recipe place

sampling said...

I had so many figs I now have a good collection of recipes for figs. The Taunton website is really very designed as well - easy to use!