Monday, May 14, 2012

Still experimenting with more of the same.........

I have been experimenting more with the combination of silk stainless steel, felting wool and non-felting alpaca and alpaca/silk yarns. I am getting to understand their behaviour more and so can control the outcome better. 
Here are 2 scarves that I have submitted to the Scarf Festival at the Wool Museum in Geelong.
Scarf 1
Scarf 2
 .........and some more sampling/experimentation for a submission to another exhibition.
on loom
after washing

5 comments:

neki desu said...

lovely! hesitant to use my wool/stainless as i don't have enough for sampling.need a very inspired sure project for it.

sooz said...

Lovely complex textures.

Meg said...

Ahhh, experimenting... The best part! Sometimes I wonder if I should forget about finished products and just experiment for the rest of my life.

Jodie said...

I love scarf two paticularly and I really love Meg's idea. I need to concentrate less on finishes and more on the experiments.

Donyale said...

So addictive isn't it that stainless steel. I simply can't get enough.

Your photos look AMAZING. Can't wait to see some of this in real life....beautiful